Concealed Carry Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Are you looking for the best EDC Talons? In this post, we cover the top 10 choices on the market today that are affordable, high quality, and have the best reputation from their users.
A tactical talon is undoubtedly the best thing for regular uses because it has such a large number of favorable features. It tends to be of great value – you can open oysters and boxes with it, get ready-made food, cut ropes, and fix things around the family unit. They have dozens of different uses in different areas among trackers, butchers, hunters, Military Auxiliaries, and Others.
Everyday carry knives are for people who are conscious of their security and are prepared to defend themselves from harm at any given time. The primary purpose of having EDC is to be fully prepared and always be in a position to overcome dangerous situations.
Here are the best options for everyday carry to check out.
1) Bastion Premium D2 Steel EDC Pocket Folding Knife for Men & Women | Liner Lock G10 Handle (ODG), Flip to Open Self-Defence Razor-Sharp Blade (Black), Tactical Knife for Hunting Camping Fishing
This knife is designed for the extreme outdoor lover, and it is razor-sharp. It is light, easy to carry, and convenient when it comes to slicing open items like boxes, stripping wires and cords, and packaging.
Its handle has a single flip deployment, which makes sure that it deploys with a single flip of a switch. The manufacturers also made sure that it has a secure inner lock that ensures the blade is held in place from accidental closing and opening.
Made by Bastion LLC, the Premium D2 Steel EDC Pocket Folding Knife has a pocket hole that makes sure it has a hole for easy carrying. Its blade is made up of the strongest stainless steel, which makes it durable and easy to sharpen. It is also corrosion-resistant.
- It boasts of outstanding construction and can easily be mistaken for an expensive EDC talon.
- When flipping, you just need one hand, and it is easy and swift.
- It has a good texture and grip on the handle.
- It is the perfect knife for the price.
- It’s not designed for left-hand users since the pocket clip is not adjustable.
- Needs some pivot lube for the flipping to be seamless.
2) Ganzo Firebird FH61-GY Pocket Folding G10 Gray Handle D2 Steel
Ganzo manufactures this knife, and it combines high-quality construction. It is designed for the everyday user in mind. The knife is available in four different handle colors, and it is characterized by its lightweight, durability as well as distinctiveness.
This particular model is 171 centimeters long with the blade being 7 centimeters long and 3.5 millimeters wide. It weighs only 100 grams and is made from D2 grade steel, which is very high, making it very hard.
- Provides excellent value for money since it is cheap but of consistently high quality.
- It is just the right size for a pocket carrier.
3) Outdoor Edge Onyx EDC, OX-10, Replaceable Blade Pocket Knife
It is one of the best and sharpest ECD knives available, and it comes with easily replaceable blades, and that can change easily at the touch of a button. It is also accompanied by a strong blade holder that gives it the much-needed support.
The knife’s blades are heat-treated and hand-finished to give them the sharpness that they boast. When it comes to the handle, it has a polymer handle that ensures that the grip is non-slip even when used in wet conditions.
- Both the blade and handle last a long time.
- It looks and feels sturdy.
- The blade replacement function is cool.
- Feels a little clumsy when putting in the pocket.
4) The Bugout 535-191, EDC Folding Knife
Manufactured by Benchmark, the Bugout 535-191, EDC Folding Knife is one of the most popular knives in the company’s list. It has a carbon fiber handle that is also reinforced by PVD coats.
The handle’s titanium thumb studs ensure that the grip is firm when in use.
Its blade length is 8.23 centimeters with a thickness of 2.286 millimeters. This knife is designed to fit in anyone’s collection, and with the lightweight feature, it is no wonder it is so famous.
- It has a unique lightweight design.
- It comes in handy for different roles.
- It looks classy.
5) Spyderco Para Military 2 Signature Folding Knife with 3.42″ CPM S30V Steel Blade and Black G-10 Handle
This knife’s manufacturer made sure that they delivered a military-grade product for the civilians to use. This particular knife delivers a world-class performance since its blades are made of durable stainless steel.
Its handle provides a good grip since it is narrowed at the end hence improving the ergonomics quality. When in the closed position, the blades stay in a comfortable place since they have a profile thinner.
- It is dependable and is guaranteed to provide perfect user comfort and performance.
- It holds nicely in hand.
- It has a rather weak tip that cannot handle a lot of tasks.
6) Boker 02SC743 Magnum Lil Friend Micro with 1-3/8 In. 440 Stainless Steel Blade
This knife comes made of 440 stainless steel as well as a strong handle. The knife is lightweight, compact, and very sharp. It also has a multifunctional blade that is fixed and very sharp.
This knife comes accompanied by different carrying options and can be hanged on the neck, put in the pocket, or being attached to the belt.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- It has a strong and very sharp blade.
- The chain for the Kydex is cheap and not durable.
7) Kershaw Clash Folding Pocket Knife
Manufactured by Kershaw, this clash folding pocket knife is made of stainless steel with a black oxide finish. Unlike many knives in its class, it has wear resistance as well as edge retention.
It also has a sturdy handle that is made of nylon and provides a very comfortable feel. This knife is made for the extreme outdoors person in mind, and it is a very reliable EDC.
- Worth the price
- The blade and the handle last long.
- It can handle different tasks.
- It opens and closes easily even when with gloves on.
8) Zero Tolerance Sinkevich 0450CF Flipper Knife Carbon Fiber
Zero Tolerance is well known for their dedication to manufacturing some of the best EDC knives. This particular knife has very good edge retention and toughness when in use. Its handle is also very strong and is made of titanium and carbon fiber.
Its blade has enhanced performance owing to the DLC coating that makes it super strong. It is the ideal gift for the outdoor person.
- The knife provides total value for money.
- It is very long-lasting.
9) Smith & Wesson SWMP4LS 8.6in S.S. Assisted Folding Knife
Made by Smith and Wesson, this particular knife has a 21.8 cm overall length with a 9.1-centimeter blade. Overall, it weighs 7.6 ounces and has a high-quality stainless steel blade with an aluminum handle.
This knife is dependable and is designed to provide very easy carrying. It has a lifetime warranty as well.
- It is a heavy and solid knife.
- It has a very tactical blade.
- It is a heavy and chunky knife.
10) Gerber Key Note Compact Key Chain Knife Black Aluminum
This particular Gerber knife is among the not-so-many that are compact and key size. It allows the user to strap it with the keys and throw it in the pocket. It is designed for cutting and scrapping edges, and when it is opened, the blade comes accompanied by a liner lock that is very easy to operate.
- It looks very good.
- Tiny, but is up to the task when at work.
- Opening it is not easy at times.
- Its design is considered poor.
What To Look For
When in search of the perfect EDC talon, it is imperative to look at the durability. Once you have ascertained that it is durable enough, the next factor to consider is your specific use for it. You might get a very good quality knife but for the wrong purpose.
Another consideration to look at is the price and brand reputation. If a particular knife brand does not have a good price rating and is maybe beyond your means, do not go for it. When it comes to brand or manufacturer, always make sure that they have a good reputation when it comes to quality.
What to avoid
When buying an EDC talon, watch out for substandard products. Because EDC products are designed for outdoor use, it is always important to look for the best quality. For this reason, do thorough research online, and even consult friends and family who have bought before.
The EDC talon is an old school pack that will not be designed firmly on the way to the advanced era. The discovered pile is still used and moved by people from different backgrounds.
The EDC blades we have described here are the best package based on the reasons we have given. Therefore, we recommend you to pick the one that suits your needs.
I hope this buyer’s guide on the best EDC talons helped you determine which knife is best for you. Most of the options are very affordable and all of them have excellent reviews.
If you liked this type of post, you may also want to check out our guide on the best snub-nose revolvers.